- Received a Visiting Scholar Fellowship at the University of Victoria’s Centre for Global Studies (2015-2016).
- Received a Social Science Research Council Dissertation Proposal Development Fellowship.
- Received the Sustainable Science Fellowship, Philadelphia Field Station, Northern Research Station, USDA Forest Service
- Won the Edna Bailey Sussman Award, Clark University
- Awarded the Environmental Leadership Program Fellowship
Mireya Bravo Frey
- Received a Grassroots Development Ph.D. Fellowship from the Inter-American Foundation (2014-2015).
- Won the Gary Gaile Travel Award from the Developing Geographies Specialty Group (DGSG) – Association of American Geographers.
- Received a grant to participate in the 2014 STEPS Summer School, Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex, UK.
- Attended to the UN Climate Change Conference 2014 (Lima COP 20 / CMP 10) as representative of the Association of American Geographers.
- Won the Best PhD Student Paper Award of the Canadian Association of Geographers’ (Ontario).
- Won the Best PhD Student Paper Award of the Latin American Specialty Group (LASG) of the American Association of Geographers.
- Presented at the Third UNITAR-Yale Conference on Environmental Governance and Democracy, Yale University (September 5-7, 2014): Invited by Yale University and sponsored by UNITAR to present a paper on “Full and effective participation in REDD+ implementation in Cambodia”.
- Received a grant from the Danish International Development Agency (Danida) to present his dissertation research (USD 5,000) at the Sustainability Science Congress, organized by the International Alliance of Research Universities, that took place from October 22-24th, 2014 at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Received a grant from Stockholm Environment Institute (SEK 532,000), Principal Investigator for a research project that compares national REDD+ strategy development processes in Cambodia, Myanmar and Thailand (2015-2017).
- Renewed on his Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change/ Cuomo Foundation Doctoral dissertation writing fellowship (Euro 30,000) at Clark University (2014-2015).
- Received a grant from the International Tropical Timber Organization Doctoral dissertation fieldwork and writing fellowship (USD 10,000) at Clark University (2014-2015).
- Received an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Honorable Mention.
- Won the Robert B. West award (CLAG field study award) from the Latin American Specialty Group for her project “Environmental law enforcement and the possibilities for socio-ecological justice in the hydrocarbon sector in Ecuador.”
- Received an NSF 3-year Graduate Research Fellowship as an incoming Graduate Student.
- Received a fellowship to the STEPS Summer School, Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex, UK.
- Received the Association of American Geographers Human Dimensions of Global Change Specialty Group Competition with a $1,000 award for his field work.
Mireya Bravo Frey
- Received a grant to participate in the DesiguALdades.net Third Summer Research School on Knowledge Asymmetries and held in Colombia.
- Won a 2012 AAG-Latin America Specialty Group award for summer research for her PhD project.
- Awarded a 2012 Summer Doctoral Public Policy Fellowship by the Rappaport Institute at Harvard University.
- Awarded a two year doctoral fellowship by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada.
- Received the 2012 Fulbright South East Asia Grant, an award intended to enhance a Fulbright student’s educational and professional goals and created by an anonymous donor to the Institute of International Education.
- Accepted into and offered a fellowship for the 2012 Young Scientists Summer Program at the International Institute of Applied Systems Analysis, Austria.
- Won a 2012 AAG-Cultural and Political Ecology Specialty Group award to support his summer research.