Dr. Goldberg has given numerous talks, including plenary and keynote addresses. She has also facilitated numerous workshops, including two- and three-day workshops. She has presented to a range of audiences, including school administrators, teachers, adoption agencies, clinicians, medical professionals, lawyers, and parents.
Sample titles include:
- Maybe Baby: Parenting Routes and Strategies for LGBTQ Prospective Parents
- From Family Trees to Heritage Week: Supporting Adoptive Families in School
- Beyond the Binary: Making Higher Education Work for Trans Students
- From Two Daddies to Divorce: Supporting Same-Sex Couples in Separation
- Moving Beyond “The Kids are All Right”: 20 Years of Research on LGBT Families
- From Placement to Puberty: Lesbian and Gay Adoptive Families Over Time
- “So You Want to Get a Divorce…”: LGBTQ Affirming Practice for Lawyers and Mediators
Comments from recent workshop participants include:
- “Learning about [trans] students’ experiences was eye opening. . .the different vignettes helped to give me ways to make my interactions more inclusive.”
- “[I have] a new perspective on trans individuals. Moving forward [I will] be moreopen minded and accepting, find ways to be more supportive to this community on campus, be more mindful in terminology used, [and will] create safe spaces for the trans community [here].”
For information about Dr. Goldberg’s domains of expertise, or to inquire about her availability and fee for a speaking event or workshop, please contact her.