Title: Local organization informational material
- New Citizens Center Fact Sheet. It concludes school location, focus, mission statement, description of the school and the program model of New Citizen Center.
- Worcester Public Library Services for New Americans and English Learners
- Ascentria Care Alliance website print out of Frequently Asked Questions about Refugee and Immigrant Services.
- Ascentria Care Alliance handout identifying gaps in refugee services identified during a brainstorming session of community partners.
- Print out of Lutheran Social Services’ “New Lands Farm” program section of website. Printed June 9, 2014. New Lands Farm is a refugee farmer collective.
- “Blighted Worcester lot becomes community orchard” by Nick Greenhalgh from Worcester Telegram, May 28, 2014. Print out from Lutheran Social Services of New England website under “LSS in the News” section. The article discusses the transformation of an open lot at 9 Jaques Avenue into a community orchard by Bhutanese refugees.
- “Worcester Magazine spotlights Worcester Tree Initiative and LSS New Lands Farm” by Walter Bird Jr. from Worcester Magazine, April 3, 2014. Print out from Lutheran Social Services of New England website under “LSS in the News” section. The article discusses the development of the Worcester Tree Initiative (WTI) and its partnership with Lutheran Social Services.
- “Lutheran Social Services helps local refugees launch startups” by Peter S. Cohan from Worcester Telegram, March 23, 2014. Print out from Lutheran Social Services of New England website under “LSS in the News” section. The article discusses the microloans and business start-up advice programs offered by Lutheran Social Services to refugees in the Worcester area.
- Printout of “Microenterprise Development Program” pamphlet produced by Lutheran Social Services that discusses their microloan program in conjunction with Commerce Bank.
- “Investing in a sustainable American workforce” by Leah B. Thibault from triplepundit.com, June 2, 2014. Print out from Lutheran Social Services of New England website under “LSS in the News” section. The article discusses workforce training provided by LSS within the hospitality industry.
- Photocopied and stapled packet of resources from the Refugee & Immigrant Assistance Center. Three sheets including History and Mission flyer; an article discussing the use of video projects that use oral histories to convey hope among Syrian refugees; and a “Mapping of Syrian American Communities assisting Syrian refugees” call for participation.
- “East African Community Outreach (E.A.C.O)” by Shuchi Mitra from Worcester Magazine, May, 25, 2011. Print out from the Worcester Magazine website. The article discusses the services provided by East African Community Outreach. In addition the author touches on areas of growth E.A.C.O hopes to see in the future should economic and volunteer support be available.
- Refugee Council USA printout discussing the US Resettlement Program in Massachusetts.
- Office of Refugees and Immigrants Strategic Plan Summary for 2012-14. Executive Director signing off on plan is Josiane Martinez.
- Final Agenda for “Welcoming Network” of the Worcester Refugee Consultation Meeting held on Friday, April 17th 20
- Information about The Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center and the services it provides
- Flyers from various meetings and events relevant to the refugee and immigrant communities in Worcester, Massachusetts.
- Informational pamphlets about organizations in the city and the services they provide.
Keywords: community organizations, refugee services, immigrant services
Cataloged By: Kimberly Arleth / B.J. Perkins