Below are some resources that you may find useful for helping you or your male family member/friend find help for domestic violence victimization.  These are agencies that express a specific commitment to help men in the U.S.; many are national agencies and unlikely to be local to you.  If you do choose to contact a local domestic violence agency for help, please know that not all agencies will help. However, please note that any agency receiving funding from the U.S. Department of Justice (this includes agencies receiving funding under the Violence Against Women Act) cannot turn away any victim of domestic violence. If you are turned away based on your gender, you can file a complaint against that agency through the Office for Civil Rights, Office of Justice Programs: or 202-307-0690.