Growth in Student Learning

GrowthinStudentLearning

My main focus as an educator is to promote academic growth in my students. I attempt to do this first through introducing structures, habits, and routines that I believe will benefit them throughout their academic careers. I also push the students to collaborate, work in different pairings, and to experience learning through a variety of modalities, that will push students in their understanding and their ability to adapt and still thrive.

For instance in my classes we will present, be recorded, journal, free-write, play review games, do interdisciplinary work, do projects, practice listening, etc. All students will have certain strengths and areas for improvement, but we will push ourselves to always try and we will have fun doing it.  Finally, since this is a language class, it is vital to cultivate an open classroom culture where trial and error are celebrated and the affective filter of students is always low as possible.

If all of these areas are met, I am confident there will be student growth that goes far beyond the syntactical structure of language and touch students lives.